cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS Install problem

walderhaug
Level 1
Level 1

I have big issues reinstalling an ACS server (4.0 on Win 2003).

I get a lot of errormessages like:

"V:\ismg_israel_acs\Acs\Crypto\init.c line 194, CryptAqquireContext failed ...."

I have no drives called V currently mapped, and the name of that directory does definately not sound familiar. It does not exist on this server at all.

I have used the same install files on this and other servers before without any problems.

I have also searched the registry for some of the strings in the error message, without finding them.

This is really giving me a headache!

Hopefully there is someone in this community that can help me out on this.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

darpotter
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

The V: drive isnt yours. This refers to the location on the server where ACS was compiled during it build.

It could be as a result of a partially broken uninstall of a previous ACS version. You could try getting hold of the clean utility (on the cd?)

Or do a ?findstr /I CiscoSecure *.*? in your Application Data\...Microsoft..\Crypto\RSA\... and delete the file with the Cisco Secure container text.

Then you should be good to go.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

darpotter
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

The V: drive isnt yours. This refers to the location on the server where ACS was compiled during it build.

It could be as a result of a partially broken uninstall of a previous ACS version. You could try getting hold of the clean utility (on the cd?)

Or do a ?findstr /I CiscoSecure *.*? in your Application Data\...Microsoft..\Crypto\RSA\... and delete the file with the Cisco Secure container text.

Then you should be good to go.