Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS Log File Management Problem

miklos.andrasi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all!

I have a problem with ACS 4.2.0.124 for Windows.

I set the logging parameters in the "System Configuration --> Logging --> Passed Authentication" menu as the following:

- Log to CSV Passed Authentications report is checked

- Generate New File: Every day

- Manage Directory is checked: Delete files older than 30 days

In spite of these settings I experienced the following:

I have a log file which size is 71MB and contains log entries since februar 12. It is my only one file

All of the other (Failed Attempts, etc.) log files work fine and do what I set them.

Has anyone any idea what can occure it?

Regards,

Miki

4 Replies 4

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Please reset the settings and restart all services. Then configure it again and restart the services again.

Now see if it works as per the settings,

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

Hello ~JG!

What do you mean under "reset the settings"?

Should I disable the mentioned log report?

I will try it.

Thank you for the answare, I will be back for the result.

Regards,

Miki

Yes, disable it.

Hello jgambhir!

Unfortunately it doesn't work.

When I stopped all of the ACS services, I tried to copy and after delet the "Passed Authentication Active" file, but I can't delet (or rename) it because "another program use this file".

I thought that ACS can't rename this file also, so it can't create a new file with the same name, and it cause the wrong operation.

I think it could be happened if ACS hasn't got any authorization to do these operation, but in this case it can't append the new logs to this file, does it?

If I change the log directory of this log, it starts a new log file, but the followings are the same.

Any other idea?

Regards,

Miki

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: