Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS no Response

scorpion007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i have cisco 1120 appliance. its not a production appliance newly come. So i directly install ACS 5.5 in it. Everything was working fine but when i restart this server nothing is coming evene to console. It only show the initial booting process like press F2 to enter setup thats it.

Could anyone suggest me what could be the problem and how can i restore it to fatory default condition?

I am unable to access command line evene from console.

Thanks,

2 Replies 2

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you can't access ACS at all ( like from ssh/gui/console) then you have to reimage it with the same ISO image/DVD the one you used very first time for the installing ACS. This would remove all the existing configuration from the appliance. If you've not taken any backup before then you need to setup the box from the scratch.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5-5/installation/guide/csacs_book/csacs_ins.html#wp1101132

NOTE: There are few open caveats for the same problem but that implies when you upgrade from acs 5.3/5.4 to ACS 5.5. In your case it was a fresh install.

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi David,

have you upgraded from earlier version?

as Jatin explained, there are some bugs that if you upgrade from earlier version to 5.5 the box becomes unbootable.

If you have a fresh install you may try again.

btw, make sure you remove the DVD from the drive when you try to boot.

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"