Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ACS notice password is expiring

Hi,

I used ACS4.1 and MS-AD 2003 for external database. I need windows dialog box to notify me about password is expiring such as "14 days password expired need to change". Can ACS do this task? if can, how can i configure?

Remark: I used wireless PEAP, EAP-MSCHAPv2 for authentication protocol. My Laptop use XP.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES

Re: ACS notice password is expiring

Hi,

I used ACS4.1 and MS-AD 2003 for external database. I need windows dialog box to notify me about password is expiring such as "14 days password expired need to change". Can ACS do this task? if can, how can i configure?

Remark: I used wireless PEAP, EAP-MSCHAPv2 for authentication protocol. My Laptop use XP.

Thanks.

Hi,

Check out the below link for Password expiring method in ACS

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_windows/4.1/user/GrpMgt.html#wp525115

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

Hi Ganesh.H,

Thank you for your advice, however, i have question to ask you about this:

- Due to i used external database, AD 2003, if i setup password aging such as active period, warning period or whatever on ACS. Will ACS sync date/time all user's password with AD?

Thanks.

Hi Ganesh.H,

Thank you for your advice, however, i have question to ask you about this:

- Due to i used external database, AD 2003, if i setup password aging such as active period, warning period or whatever on ACS. Will ACS sync date/time all user's password with AD?

Thanks.

Hi,

Check out the below link Password Aging for Users in Windows Databases

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_windows/4.2/user/guide/GrpMgt.html#wp479732

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

Views
Helpful
Replies