cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS problem

hamedyazdigss
Level 1
Level 1

After Authentication via switch to ACS when i check Repoert and activity i can see the user pass all the step but it does not appear or register into Logged-in Users but in other part like Passed Authentications or RADIUS Accounting i can see the deteail of user information but in Logged-in Users nothing show.

22 Replies 22

Hi Dear Mr. Prem

i hope you remmber me.this time i try to connect to ACS via router and i try to config router and using PAP method would you please let me know your comment about my configuration and also i do not know what should i apply for ethernet port.

aaa new-model

!

!

radius-server host 123.45.1.2

radius-server key xxx

aaa authentication ppp dialins group radius local

aaa authorization exec default local

aaa authorization network default group radius local

aaa accounting network default start-stop group radius

Regards

Hamed

you don?t have to apply anything on the port. If you want AAA for access to switch (for administration, so that you can run commands on it), add this command,

aaa authentication login default group radius local

no aaa authorization exec default local

And please test everything out on test bed, before going for production implementation.

Regards,

Prem

Dear Sir

Long time ago I asked you which is possible to show the IP address of end client on the ASC and you sent me a attach that showed the IP address of end client on the Caller-ID but unfortunately I have tried many things and just it can show me MAC address of end client . I want to know should I configure some specific command to my switch or specific configuration to my ACS. If you let me know your comment I will be happy.

With best regards

Hamed

Dear Sir

Thank you for your helping. As you mentioned by "Calling-Station-Id", we can see the IP address of client but just when NAS device is sending the RADIUS IETF attribute # 31.how can I make sure NAS device is sending that attribute, if not how can I active it. It is Considerable that now in RADIUS Accounting CVS logs I can see a switch IP address that refer to as NAS. I was looking so much to find a reference that defined attribute meaning but I could not find complete references, would please let me know your comment how I can understand the exact meaning of the attribute.

Best Regards

Hamed

Dear Sir

I have problem, I do not know why Instead of IP address of end client in the "Calling-Station-Id", I can see MAC address of end client would you please let me know your comment.

Regards

mhyazdi

Hi mhyazdi ,

Can you share the configuration so that we can see where we are going wrong did you try using ietf format or send nas port details mac only command.

Thanks,

rochopra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Agree with pbanga following command should help

aaa accounting exec default start-stop group radius

hamedyazdigss
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Sir

I have tried to connect to ACS via Access Point, and I apply needed configuration. But via My Computer when I want to connect to Access point I have to wait to ask me username and password and after that authenticate my username and password and it asked but I do not know why it does not connect and continually try to ask me a username and password

Would you please let me know your comment?

Best regards

mhyazdi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: