Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS Query

nilesh_sawant
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I have Cisco ACS-1113. I want to connect this in existing network.

My query is ACS have two LAN interface. Whats the use of second interface as Cisco documents states "ACS SE supports the operation of either Ethernet connector, but not both connectors".

Thanks

Nilesh

5 Replies 5

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Nilesh,

We cannot use both NIC of appliance as that feature is currently not supported.

You can use any NIC for LAN connectivity (bottom is preferred)

If one NIC goes bad other NIC can be used, other then this there is no use of second NIC.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

Hi ,

Thanks

Need more advice.

If there is only one NIC in use then how ACS do the communication between two different subnet.

I mean if have configure the Router/switch(which is supposed to manage) with 10.10.10.1/24 subnet & ACS IP as 20.20.20.0/24

I need to introduce ACS for the managing access to network device.

Can you please share the configuration document for the same.

Regards,

Nilesh

Nilesh,

ACS do not have routing capabilities. You need to make acs a part of vlan or any network. You need a router or layer 3 switch to do routing.

ACS can be in any network , please ensure that all network devices can reach acs and tacacs 49 / radius ports are open.

ACS--->Switch_vlan1 --->router---->switch_vlan2

Vlan2 devices should be able to communicate with vlan1 & visa versa.

Please checkout these white papers,

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2086/prod_white_papers_list.html

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

Hi,

Thanks

Can you please share the configuration template if you have ? I looking to manage the Cisco router and switches with cisco ACS 1113.

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Nilesh

Hi,

is there any way so that I can assign the different privileges to users in same ?

Regards,

Nilesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: