cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS SE 4.2.0.124.6 with Windows 2008

andy-gerace
Level 1
Level 1

The 4.2.0.124.6 is supposed to now support a Windows 2008 DC. I am able to install the remote agent software and the service starts up, etc. I can add the remote agent in ACS and it says that it is "available" etc. However, when I change the external database to use that RA, then I get an error:

Number 1 - Invalid Remote Agent Name.

Does anybody have any idea what would be causing this?

Note: This DC is in a different domain than the ACS server. However, they are both able to ping one another.

1 Reply 1

jasonmcl
Level 1
Level 1

I have a similar problem. In fact mine is more cut and dry. I have a totally isolated newly installed Windows Server 2008. it is the forest root, DC, GC, DNS and Netbios server and has ACS installed directly on it. wen using local database work great to AAA Tacacs Auth. When trying to auth dynamic mapped user on even local user pointed to windows database I get internal error. This is killing me. My company needs to move to native 2008 and ACS is stopping it at this point. We are runing 4.2.0.124 patch 6

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: