Views
Helpful
Replies

acs se aaa server problem

rajupawar
Level 1
Level 1

HI

I have installed acs se for peap authenetication in a wireless network .

however when i install the acs se it shows me 2 profiles (self and deliverance) after initial config in the aaa server window of network configuration .

The name of the default server is delivernace and its ip is 169.x.x.x which is the default nic ip as u can check it out during the initial startup configuration.

Pls help me to get this fixed

1 Reply 1

Premdeep Banga
Level 7
Level 7

Hi.

The name of the ACS SE listed in AAA Server section is "self".

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_windows/4.1/user/NetCfg.html#wp341780

"In ACS SE, the name of the machine is listed as self."

"deliverance1" is the default ACS SE name(hostname).

Sometimes what happens is, even if we have ACS SE connected to Netowork during initial configuration. And we change the name of the ACS SE from "deliverance1" to something that we want. After changes has been made, on ACS SE, it comes back, and shows the ip 169.x.x.x associated with the new hostname.

NOTE: I am considering that during initial configuration ACS SE was connected to network. If not, then this is supposed to happen.

In order to correct this issue, follow following steps:

[1] On ACS hardware/appliance go to,

Reports and Activity > Appliance Status Page >

From "NIC Configuration", copy the IP address of the ACS SE.

Interface Configuration > Advanced Options > check "Distributed System Settings" > Submit.

Network Configuration > under "AAA Servers" > Search > type the IP address of the ACS hardware/appliance > Search.

Note down the "Name" against the Ip address of the ACS SE.

Now go to, Network Configuration > under "Proxy Distribution Table" > (Default) > make sure that the name that appeared against the Ip address of the ACS Hardware/appliance is in "Forward To" Column, If it is not, move it , and move all other entries under "AAA Servers" column and press "Submit + Restart"

And delete the entry from the AAA Server section, that is associated with IP address 169.x.x.x

[2] Now, if you do not want the name that is shown in the Proxy Distribution Table, and want the one that is there in the section,

System configuration > Appliance Configuration... Hostname section, associated with the correct IP address. Then do this,

Establish Serial Console connection to ACS SE,

Issue the command "set hostname " and then reboot the ACS SE by command, "reboot".

[3] Once ACS SE is backup, go to, Network Configuration > under "Proxy Distribution Table" > (Default) > And make sure that the new name is in "Forward To" Column > Submit + Restart.

Now, the correct IP address will be associated with the correct hostname.

Regards.

Prem

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: