Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ACS SE Private Key Backup

How do I backup the private key in ACS SE. I already have the public key certified by a comercial CA and don't want to waste money spent in buying the certificate. Reason I want to backup because I am getting following error on the console and the services have stopped.

"API called before initialised at H:\ismg_israel_acs\Acs\EndPoint\Core\endpoint.c

pp:394".

===============

Cisco Secure ACS: 4.1.4.13

Appliance Management Software: 4.1.4.13

Appliance Base Image: 4.1.1.4

CSA build 4.0.1.543.2: (Patch: 4_0_1_543)

==========

CSAdmin -- stopped

CSAuth -- stopped

CSDbSync -- stopped

CSLog -- stopping

CSMon -- starting

CSRadius -- starting

CSTacacs -- stopped

===================

Can I use the backup feature? Will it also backup the private key?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: ACS SE Private Key Backup

Manoj,

Unfortunately, there is no way to really export just the private key and certificate,

which can be reimported into the ACS. There has been a feature request regarding this

feature, in order to allow the export of private keys and certificates for backup purposes. The Bug ID is: CSCed14965.

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCed14965

However, what you can do is perform a backup of the database. This will save the registry

that includes the certificate and the private key. Then you can restore this backup file

on a new machine and choose to restore the System Configuration part. This will restore

the certificate and private key into the ACS Certificate page.

Hope that helps

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

1 REPLY

Re: ACS SE Private Key Backup

Manoj,

Unfortunately, there is no way to really export just the private key and certificate,

which can be reimported into the ACS. There has been a feature request regarding this

feature, in order to allow the export of private keys and certificates for backup purposes. The Bug ID is: CSCed14965.

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCed14965

However, what you can do is perform a backup of the database. This will save the registry

that includes the certificate and the private key. Then you can restore this backup file

on a new machine and choose to restore the System Configuration part. This will restore

the certificate and private key into the ACS Certificate page.

Hope that helps

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

Views
Helpful
Replies