Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ACS SE: what's wrong with the AAA-servers config?

Hi,

I have 2 ACS SE-appliances (1113). I'm experiencing lots of problems with the AAA-servers. After (re-)installation, I have different results: sometimes, there are 2 entries in the AAA-servers-list: an ACS01 (name of the appliance) and a "self". But on my second ACS, there is a "ACS02" and "Deliverance01" (in stead of 'Self').

Sometimes, the deliverance01 or self receives a 169.254.x.x address, sometimes a 127.0.0.1 and sometimes it even has an address from the DHCP pool (although I configured the appliance NOT to use DHCP but static addressing!)...

If you try to change names (with the console or by the web interface (appliance configuration), it becomes a total mess: the names sometimes change ,sometimes they don't, sometimes the old names remain in the proxy distribution table although they don't exist in the aaa-servers table anymore.

If you use Database replication (although i have disabled the Network Config Device tables and Distribution table" to be replicated), it sometimes updates the AAA-server tables, then I get 2 entries named "Self", which leads to replication errors, and I cannot delete or change the wrong ones, ...).

Can somebody help me with the following:

What should be exactly in the AAA-servers table after a clean (re-)installation?

Thank you

3 REPLIES

Re: ACS SE: what's wrong with the AAA-servers config?

Ok, I (again) reinstalled my first appliance (with the recovery CD) and the appliance connected to the network:

I changed the default name into "ACS01" and used static ip-address "14.14.14.3"

this is what I've got now in the AAA-server list (I didn't change anything yet):

ACS01 : 169.254.67.156

Self: 14.14.14.3

In the Proxy Distribution Table, I have the following:

AAA servers: Deliverance1

Forward to: ACS01

(I guess I have to switch those 2 as deliverance1 will apply to "self"?)

So this means that there are 3 entries for one device! (ACS01 ,Self and Deliverance1)... Is this normal?

It's not unusual but you've figured out the answer yourself : ) Switch the entries a you've described.

I ran into the identical problem when I tried configuring my two SE's. I ended up opening a TAC case on it. Basically the engineer informed me that the "deliverance01" is the standard default when the machine comes up.

I gamed it by configuring my dhcp server to have a two IP scope and then ensured it assigned the IP address I wanted each SE to have. I then powered them up one at a time.

After they were up, I went into the config's and changed them to static.

It ain't elegant - but it worked. Hope this helps.

Views
Helpful
Replies