cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Acs services failing to start

neiladair
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently running ACS v4.2 on a Windows 2003 SP2 server which has been running without problem for the last year or so. I cleared the old log files from the server and rebooted today and now the services are stalling at the following stages..

CSadmin > starting

CSAuth

CSdbSync

CSlog > Stopping

CSmon > Starting

CSRadius > Starting

CSTacas

when I try to start a service manually I get an error saying that Windows could not start the service and the event log is filling up with the following error..

5/12/2009 2:57:50 PM CiscoAAA Error None 1 N/A BI082ACS01 The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( CiscoAAA ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: CSTacacs, Can not initialize SchemeLayer, 74.

1 Reply 1

ldardon
Level 1
Level 1

The only thing I can recommend to you is reinstall OS and Cisco Secure. There are some missing dll file in windows that is not useful for ACS to be installed.

Here is my recommend to you:

-Reinstall OS, SP, latest patch, and antivirus.

-Install ACS with no data

-Verify all services are running

-then replicate data from existing ACS server

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: