cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS Services

ricardorojas123
Level 1
Level 1

The services in the ACS are not running in the Computer Management / Service, the status of the services are:

CSAdmin (Stop, not initialized)

CSAuth (Stop, not initialized)

CSDbSync (Stop, not initialized)

CSLog (Stopping)

CSMon (Starting)

CSRadius (Starting)

CSTacacs (Stop, not initialized)

When I try to Star these service these message are showed:

CSTacacs (Stop, not initialized):

Windows could star the CSTacacs en Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If ths is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 1066.

CSDbSync (Stop, not initialized)

The CSDbSync service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some service stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts service.

CSAuth (Stop, not initialized)

Windows could star the CSAuth on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If ths is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 74.

CSAdmin (Stop, not initialized)

The CSAdmin service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some service stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts service.

How I can Start these service ?

Thanks.

ACS version 4.0

Microsoft Windows Server 2003

7 Replies 7

cisco24x7
Level 6
Level 6

Depending on the Windows 2003 and Service

Pack level, ACS 4.0 is NOT supported per

my conversation with Cisco TAC

And What can I do ? ...

... To restore the normal operation of the Windows services associated with the ACS, can I reinstall the ACS application?. Reinstalling the application, I lose the configuration of the ACS?

If you have backup try to reinstall acs software. Else you will loose acs configuration since only way is to reinstall acs. But still there is no guarantee that it will work fine since it is running on unsupported platform.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

Hi, the server has been operating 1 years. Three days ago the state of services has changed.

I agree, even I have seen it working on unsupported platform. It will work but there is not guarantee that it will continue to do so. It will surely give you abnormal results.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

Ok ,

But jgambhir, If I reinstall the server, the configuration, the database of AAA clients and and the certificates installed will be lost?

Here's something you could try.

1) Set all ACS services to manual start

2) Reboot server

3) In a couple of cmd prompt windows run:

csauth -z

csadmin -z

Fingers x'd they will both run ok from the cmd line.

Then use ACS Admin to get a backup of your config. If that works at least you'll have saved something.

If csauth & csadmin dont want to work at all you could instead use csutil -d to create a dump file. You'd get the user/group database which could be reloaded into a fresh install once you re-created the lost config (network config etc)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: