Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ACS Solution Engine-Doesn't keep IP address.

Hello, I am installing the latest version of the ACS appliance. I connected to the serial port and configured all the basics but the IP address/mask/gateway are not being retained. The hostname/DNS servers/new login are though.

After entering the IP info ['set IP'] I am asked if I want to test the network, I select no and the services stop and then restart. When I issue a show the IP address is set to 0.0.0.0.

If I say yes to network test I can Ping OK but when the services stop and start again the IP address isn't retained!

Anybody any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

6 REPLIES
Silver

Re: ACS Solution Engine-Doesn't keep IP address.

Configure an IP address filter on ACS Windows and ACS Solution Engine to limit the exposure of these vulnerabilities. From within the ACS GUI, browse to Administration Control > Access Policy to limit access to only the machines that need to administer the ACS remotely.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/707/cisco-sa-20040825-acs.shtml

Have you solved that issue? I also have the same with release 4.0.

Regards

Giovanni

Had the same issue with a new ACS4 SE yesterday. Logged back in via the console and used the set ip command to re-enter the IP details, did the ping test and saved settings which were then retained.

Super Bronze

Hi

The IP address/gateway/subnet mask settings all show up as 0.0.0.0 if your interface is down at that moment - this is often confusing...

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Bronze

Hi all

I found by mere chance that our ASC SE needs that IP interface up (Layer 1) when manually setting the IP. So, plug it into a switch or maybe use a X-over cable to your laptop/PC. Then set the IP manually. Let us know.

I had also experienced as you had.

I drived me crazy and so I re-installed acs program using restore Cd which it comes with

new appliance.

It is working well and problems had gone.

try it.

Views
Helpful
Replies