cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS Solution Engine-Doesn't keep IP address.

phowlett549
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am installing the latest version of the ACS appliance. I connected to the serial port and configured all the basics but the IP address/mask/gateway are not being retained. The hostname/DNS servers/new login are though.

After entering the IP info ['set IP'] I am asked if I want to test the network, I select no and the services stop and then restart. When I issue a show the IP address is set to 0.0.0.0.

If I say yes to network test I can Ping OK but when the services stop and start again the IP address isn't retained!

Anybody any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

6 Replies 6

a-vazquez
Level 6
Level 6

Configure an IP address filter on ACS Windows and ACS Solution Engine to limit the exposure of these vulnerabilities. From within the ACS GUI, browse to Administration Control > Access Policy to limit access to only the machines that need to administer the ACS remotely.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/707/cisco-sa-20040825-acs.shtml

gbressanin
Level 1
Level 1

Have you solved that issue? I also have the same with release 4.0.

Regards

Giovanni

Had the same issue with a new ACS4 SE yesterday. Logged back in via the console and used the set ip command to re-enter the IP details, did the ping test and saved settings which were then retained.

Hi

The IP address/gateway/subnet mask settings all show up as 0.0.0.0 if your interface is down at that moment - this is often confusing...

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

pvanvuuren
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all

I found by mere chance that our ASC SE needs that IP interface up (Layer 1) when manually setting the IP. So, plug it into a switch or maybe use a X-over cable to your laptop/PC. Then set the IP manually. Let us know.

hiddink
Level 1
Level 1

I had also experienced as you had.

I drived me crazy and so I re-installed acs program using restore Cd which it comes with

new appliance.

It is working well and problems had gone.

try it.