Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ACS v3.3 Error after entering data

We tried to configure the ACS v3.3 server but there is an ERROR happening on the server webpage while we feed in data. After feeding the data the ACS server's webpage cannot be accessed anymore.

ATTACHMENT:

----------

I am attaching a snapshot of the Error. You can see the Error at the bottom of the page within the web-browser's status Bar.

This error comes as soon as you click on CONFIRM PASSWORD textbox (as shown in attached snapshot).

6 REPLIES
Silver

Re: ACS v3.3 Error after entering data

Make sure your password is sufficient to handle your password requirements. Do you require more letters or alphanumeric characters for the password...

I'll check by feeding difficult passwords, but there's one more observation:

My ACS is installed on Win2003 OS.

Each time i start the ACS server system the following message comes before i can do login.

Atleast one service or driver failed during system startup. Use Event Viewer to examine the event log for details.

Silver

My ACS 3.3 is also on Win 2003 Server. I do not see any errors. Possibly you need to re-install your version of ACS 3.3. Do you have any other services running on this server? They may be conflicting with the ACS...

Silver

This looks like a java issue.

Do you have a JVM

1) installed, and

2) enabled

If you install the Sun JVM with mozilla or firefox there is a java debug window which is very useful for finding errors.

However, v3.x has been around for ages and the web pages pretty much had any issues ironed out ages ago

Darran

The error in the user setup page is due to Java. Install the latest JRE available from Sun and it should be ok.

If you are getting a services start error then I suggest checking if all the 7 services of ACS (CsAuth, CSRadius, CSTacacs, CSMon, CSLog, CSDbsnc, CsAdmin) are started on not. Looking at the even viewer will also tell us which service is causing the error.

Silver

JVM == JRE

Views
Helpful
Replies