Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ACS3.2 not logging

Hi, I have enabled RADIUS and TACACS+ logging on my ACS server, however I get no information in the reports section. Only reports I can view are passed and failed attempts. The other reports are openable, but empty. I have several NAS setup and i have enabled all reports in the loggin section. Any ideas all? TIA.

4 REPLIES

Re: ACS3.2 not logging

If you want "TACACS+" reports to be fed up, with

your different connections to your switches or routers, you need to enable "aaa accounting" on these

equipments first. You can enable "start" & "stop" tickets if you need to log both the start-time & the stop-time of a connexion.

Hi. I have the following on my routers. This particular device is deffo a NAS in the ACS, and I can see passed auths and failed auths when I contact the device. No other TACACS+logging though. Anymore ideas? Many thanks.

aaa new-model

!

!

aaa authentication login default group tacacs+ line

aaa authentication enable default group tacacs+ enable

aaa authorization exec default group tacacs+ if-authenticated none

aaa accounting commands 15 default start-stop group tacacs+

aaa session-id common

tacacs-server host w.x.y.x

tacacs-server key xxxxxxxx

By accounting commands 15, you account only

commands with privilege 15 (commands in the enable mode) Make sure you type such commands if you want them to be accounted.

If you want to account any access to the exec mode, please enter the following command in global command mode =

aaa new-model

aaa accounting exec default start-stop group tacacs+

====================================================

THEN = did you put the necessary commands under the line vty ... statement ?? Lokk hereunder =

line vty 0 4

accounting commands 15 rfnaccount

accounting exec rfnaccount

Humps !!!

Please read =

line vty 0 4

accounting commands 15 default

accounting exec default

Views
Helpful
Replies