Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS3.3 and password aging / managing

Level 1
Level 1

ACS 3.3 run on w2k srv sp4 and I want to give to the clients (w2k-pro and XP) the possibility to change the password.

Moreover I want to expire the password on temporal base, (for example, obligate the users to change password every 30 days).

I try User Changeable Password feauture in IIS and works well (CiscoSecure Database), but this resolves only first part of my requirement.

In order to use Password Aging I have installed the Cisco Authentication Agent (taken from ACS3.3.2 cd) on a w2k-pro client; it works in irregular way.

Sometimes the change password popup appears, but the new password does not come written in the database.

On XP sp1 clients the CAA agent does not work at all (no popup, no message box).

Any ideas ?

I can use both internal or external user database.

My client are w2k-pro and xp.

My access router (Cisco3620) run 12.26 plus IOS.

Thank you in advance and best regards.

2 Replies 2

bbaley
Level 3
Level 3

What about setting an option so that a specific user is not required to change their password, but all other users are, by inheriting the settings of the group? Is there an overide option available?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: