cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS5.1 upgrade failed.

Tim Stretton
Level 1
Level 1

Got information: "Manifest file not found in the bundle" by using command  "patch install 5-1-0-44-1.tar.gpg ACS_Upgrade",

Any help?   Thanks

8 Replies 8

jrabinow
Level 7
Level 7

The command for the upgrade is:

application upgrade application-bundle remote-repository-name

See http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.1/installation/guide/csacs_upg.html#wp1167547 step 3

It's weired.  My ACS5.1 has different command sets now.

At beginning, the command is same as document, after I tried with a non existing repository and select "no" at save configurartion, the command set changed. Is this a stupid bug?  Will open a ticket this morning.

Same result use command "application upgrade":

ACS01/admin# application upgrade 5-1-0-44-1.tar.gpg ACS_Upgrade
Do you want to save the current configuration ? (yes/no) [yes] ?
Generating configuration...
Saved the running configuration to startup successfully
% Manifest file not found in the bundle

Hi Kevin Sun,

You forgotten to put the comand acs before the patch argument...

The correct is  "acs patch install 5-1-0-44-1.tar.gpg ACS_Upgrade"

By the way, I recommend that you use the last patch avaliable, 5-1-0-44-3.tar.gpg

My Best Regards,

Andre Lomonaco

Hi Guys

I have a problem to download in the acs tha patch 5-1-0-44-3.tar.gpg:

when I try to do this I receive the browser message :"Failed to extract version from the patch bundle. Please verify that this patch bundle is valid".

I have an 1121 appliance with 5.1.0.44.2 version installed.

The Md5 checksum of the downloaded file is correct.

Can Anyone help me?

Thanks and Regards

Mak sure don't use tftp as download server, use ftp only.    This was my problem, not command related.

Thanks a lot yuo have resolved my problem.

good job!!!

patrick.tuttle
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

After beeting my head against the wall on this,  I decided to put the patch file onto a box that did not have pkzip or power archive on it.  Essentially so that this patch file would not associate itself to a program.

I then re-named it  to  5-1-0-44-3.tar.gpg   (it downloads from Cisco's web site as  5-1-0-44-3.tar.tar)

I then was then able to use FTP to apply the patch and do "acs patch install 5-1-44-3.tar.gpg (repository)

Seems as though the script only wants to see .gph ye for some strange reason the file downloads as .tar.tar

-pat

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: