Views
Helpful
Replies

Add RADIUS IETF attribute to ISE System Dictionary

andrewswanson
Level 7
Level 7

Hello

I'm looking to migrate an ACS5.4 config to ISE. Part of the ACS5.4 config involves:

• define a RADIUE IETF attribute in the ACS RADIUS dictionary
  • inject this attribute into RADIUS requests that are proxied to another RADIUS server.

This works fine in ACS but I can't Add/Modify attributes in the ISE System RADIUS IETF dictionary. Is this functionality roadmapped for ISE?

Thanks

Andy

2 Replies 2

andrewswanson
Level 7
Level 7

Forgot to mention that I'm currently using ISE 1.1.3. I fround the following in the new ISE 1.2 documentation:

Cisco ISE also creates dictionary defaults for the IETF RADIUS set of attributes that are also a part of

the system-defined dictionaries, which are defined by the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF). You

can edit all free IETF RADIUS attribute fields except the ID.

Cisco ISE also creates dictionary defaults for the IETF RADIUS set of attributes that are also a part of

the system-defined dictionaries, which are defined by the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF). You

can edit all free IETF RADIUS attribute fields except the ID.

I'll upgrade and see if I can edit the attribute that I need.

ISE 1.2 can modify the Radius Vendors attributes (add, edit, delete), but can't modify IETF attributes.

I think ISE 1.1.x can do the same thing as ISE 1.2. I will check that tomorrow.

Please rate if this helps

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: