Views
Helpful
Replies

ADvice on TACACS+

SOL10
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there

I am trying to implement the following scenario and would like to know the best solution for me,

We have 2 groups of Remote VPN users 1) support 2)Operations both using Cisco client vpn to log in remotely to our site

1)When members of the support group VPN in, I want our Cisco ASA to give them an IP range from Pool A of Ip addresses and I want them to be authenticated using TACACS and then after successful authentication they are redirected to or only have access to Server A

2)When members of the Operations group VPN in, I want our Cisco ASA to give them an IP range from Pool B of Ip addresses I want them to be authenticated using TACACS and then after successful authentication they are redirected to Server A AND have full access to Servers B,C,D etc

Is this possible? and if so how?

Regards

1 Reply 1

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes that's possible. Restriction to devices is done on the VPN device itself, not through AAA. Create two different VPN groups; one for support and one for Operations, each can authenticate to AAA.

Hope that helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: