cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any way to use SFTP with ACS SE?

ericgunn01
Level 1
Level 1

We're trying to keep ftp out of our network and I'd like to know if there is anyway to get sftp to work with the ACS Applicance or if there's another option for backups/restores other than ftp?

5 Replies 5

arififtikhar
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure why you want ftp for backups/restore, ACS has inbuilt functionality for the same.

The appliance does? I need to be able to get my backup off the appliance for storage.

Currently the only way to secure a database backup is by encrypting it using a key from the section,

System configuration > ACS Backup > and put any key to encrypt the database backup from "Encryption Password" and check "Encrypt Backup File", and take a backup.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_windows/4.1/user/SCBasic.html#wp222491

Other then that we already have an enhancement request open with us,

CSCsi15224 : Secure protocols aren't available for backup/restore operations

Regards,

Prem

Great that's what I wanted to know, Thanks!

Please mark this thread resolved. If this is the information that you were looking for, for others to benefit from it.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: