Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect NAM does not remember my WiFi settings

etamminga
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

Used Cisco AnyConnect for my SSL VPN for ages. Added NAM to also have it manage my 802.1x Wired and Wireless access.

I find that NAM is not remembering my WiFi settings. I need to re-enter the same settings when I connect to the network.

Is this a know issue and how can I fix this?

Regards,

Erik

5 Replies 5

Muhammad Munir
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

FYI

Many consumer-grade end user terminating devices (for example, a home router) do not properly handle the creation or assembly of IP fragments, particularly UDP. Because DTLS is a UDP-based protocol, it is sometimes necessary to reduce the MTU to prevent fragmentation. The MTU parameter sets the maximum size of the packet to be transmitted over the tunnel for the client and ASA. If a VPN user is experiencing a significant amount of lost packets, or if an application such as Microsoft Outlook is not functioning over the tunnel, it might indicate a fragmentation issue. Lowering the MTU for that user or group of users may resolve the problem.

For more information regarding the troubleshooting the issue please use the DART tool. For more information regarding DART tool please visit the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect30/administration/guide/anyconnectadmin30/ac12managemonitortbs.html#wp1082474

miklos.andrasi
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Experts,

I have the same problem with AnyConnect NAM. Is this the normal process to re-create the previous WIFI settings on NAM or is there any transparent solution for the end users?

Kind Regards,

Miki

Lost all my user networks in NAM after switching networks.
CSCtz62974

Dear mohanak,

Thank you for your answer but I use AnyConnect version 3.1.05170 and this bug was fixed from version 3.1.3103.

Otherwise my problem is that windows continues to preserve WIFI settings but it isn't used by AnyConnect NAM so I have to set WIFI configurations again (now via AnyConnect).

Regards,

Miki

Hi,

I can confirm that in version 3.1.05170 the problem has NOT been fixed.

We stopped using NAM for this reason.

Regards,

Erik

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: