cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect/Windows 8 prompted for credentials

Josh Morris
Level 3
Level 3

Hi. I am running AnyConnect 3.1 with EAP Chaining/MSCHAPv2. On Windows 7 machines, MSCHAP works well, and pulls my cached credentials. But on Windows 8.1 machines, it prompts for user authentication, instead of using the cached credentials. The configuration file is the same between the two machines. One the Windows 8 user enters their credentials, authentication is successful. Any ideas as to why Windows 8.1 doesn't want to work well with MSCHAP? Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I can just think about windows provilege at which the anyconnect runs in windows 8.1. I can imagine its something like the user at which the anyconnect runs has no privilege to save the credentials. or something similar.

it worths to check that.

HTH,

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Josh Morris
Level 3
Level 3

I just happened to update my Win7 machine and now it is doing the same thing. Anyconnect is prompting for credentials instead of using MSCHAPv2. I notice in the ISE logs that authentication is trying come through as host/machinename and then username is coming in as anonymous. I expect to see 'username >> host/machinename', but I never get it. Just getting authentication failed. I followed the EAP chaining trustsec guide. Everything was working on Win7 before the most recent update. Got to love MS.