Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying Patches to ISE 1.2.0.899

I am running ISE 1.2.0.899 Patch level 2. 

I want to upgrade to patch level 6. 

I understand that the ptaches are supposed to be cumulative and not incremental...but I want to make sure as I am 4 levels behind...Is there anything special I have to do? Do I just apply patch 6 from the Primary Admin node and it brings me straight to patch 6?

Didn't note anything in the release notes, but I don't want to run into any surprises.

Thanks, 

Phill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

No problems,Patch 6 will

No problems,

Patch 6 will automatically do this for you.

6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Phill,

Phill,

That is correct. However, there is a surprise for you. Since you do not have Patch 5 installed, when you apply Patch 5, the ISE WILL restart.

Just plan for the downtime and you'll be OK.

Please Rate Helpful posts and mark this question as answered if, in fact, this does answer your question. Otherwise, feel free to post follow-up questions. Charles Moreton

I had read about that in the

I had read about that in the release notes, thus my confusion. Do I need to apply patch 5 first...or will applying cumulative patch 6 do this automatically when it hits patch 5, then continue on to level 6?

Thanks, 

Phill

Cisco Employee

No problems,Patch 6 will

No problems,

Patch 6 will automatically do this for you.

Thanks for your help :)

Thanks for your help :)

Hello Charles,I also have ISE

Hello Charles,

I also have ISE 1.2 Patch 4. I will be upgrading to patch 6 soon and have a similar question. I have a primary admin and secondary admin node. When I install the patch 6 into my primary admin node will I encounter a period of downtime? Or will my primary node fail over to the secondary admin node and I will experience zero downtime?

Bob

Well,I upgraded to patch 6.

Well,

I upgraded to patch 6. The patch did not replicate over to the other two nodes as I expected.

I called TAC and was told to accomplish this manually, which I did on the secondary node.

I did not have FTP access to the one in my DMZ, so I had to put that one off until the evening (had to get the firewall guy to give me access...then wait until after production hours). Anyhow, we noted a large increase in traffic between the primary ISE node and the Policy Service node in our DMZ...traffic flow seemed to be around 40 megs. This flow ceased when I manually upgraded the DMZ Policy Service Node.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content