cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Are there any issues with changing IP address of an ACS v5.3 system after initial setup?

tmpoff
Level 1
Level 1

I am migrating from ACS v4.2.1 to v5.3.  I want the final v5.3 system to assume the IP address of the original 4.2 machine so I don't have to change any configs on the network devices.

Are there any issues with changing the v5.3 system IP address AFTER the initial setup?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I tried it without a problem. I changed the ip address of the WLC many times.

You have to make sure though that:

1-) You change the switchport accordingly to the appropriate vlan if the new ip belongs to a subnet of a different vlan.

2-) Make sure that all AAA clients configured to use the new IP address of the ACS servers.

Here is the procedure how to change the ip of the interface (as per cisco doc):

http://goo.gl/0BYqVT

I changed also by normal ip address command and it works. but of course the server must be standalone before doing that step (i.e. no secondary ACSs registered to it and it is not registered to other ACSs in a distributoin).

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

tmpoff
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Amjad.  I was not able to find that section of the documentation.

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I tried it without a problem. I changed the ip address of the WLC many times.

You have to make sure though that:

1-) You change the switchport accordingly to the appropriate vlan if the new ip belongs to a subnet of a different vlan.

2-) Make sure that all AAA clients configured to use the new IP address of the ACS servers.

Here is the procedure how to change the ip of the interface (as per cisco doc):

http://goo.gl/0BYqVT

I changed also by normal ip address command and it works. but of course the server must be standalone before doing that step (i.e. no secondary ACSs registered to it and it is not registered to other ACSs in a distributoin).

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"