Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ASA auth-prompt prompt Please login: doesn't display the “user acceptance a

The following example shows the output of the show running-config auth-prompt command:

hostname(config)# show running-config auth-prompt

auth-prompt prompt Please login:

auth-prompt accept You're in!

auth-prompt reject Try again.

hostname(config)#

I have to have a “user acceptance agreement” when logging in to VPN on a Cisco ASA 5520 ver7.2(3) I have configured it properly but when I login I never get the prompt

XXXXXX/pri/act# show running-config auth-prompt

auth-prompt prompt Please login:

auth-prompt accept You're in!

auth-prompt reject Try again.

3 REPLIES

Re: ASA auth-prompt prompt Please login: doesn't display the â

What are you trying to do here? Is this for when users VPN into the ASA? When people try ssh/telnet to the ASA or what?

auth-prompt is trypically used for cut-through proxy. This is when a user has to authenticate via the ASA before it can access certain devices through it. If its VPN agreement or ssh/telnet to the ASDM you want to look at configuring banners...

Hope that helps

Darren

We are using the ASA like a VPN Concetrator. I have it set up were users login to it and establish a VPN and authenticate against an RSA token server.

The routing and the tunnels work fine and the users do get authenticated but they never receive a propmt banner or what ever you want to call it like they do when they logon via 3030 or similar.

I even tried as you suggested and used this config they should get a banner after a successful logon but they dont. Any ideals?

banner login =====================================================================

banner login You are attempting to connect to a restricted system. Connections

banner login to and from this system are logged. Please disconnect now if you

banner login are not an authorized user of this system.

banner login =====================================================================

Yes, try applying the 'banner value' command under group policy x attributes (where x is your group policy name!). It works for me :-)

Darren

Views
Helpful
Replies