cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA VPN Group lock with ACS RADIUS

arnis
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to what seemes to be an simple issue, but !!!

group lock works with attribute 25, but if a user is sent for example to the default group on the ACS or any group where option 25 is not configured ( or configured to some value not avalable on the ASA ) the group lock policy is not enforced, I.E. the users gets in fine no matter what VPN group he is in

is that normal behavior ??

Cheers

Arni

3 Replies 3

darpotter
Level 5
Level 5

Looks like a "default = deny" style of config is missing.

Aside from investigating why users would get mapped to the wrong ACS group - assuming its always the default group... can you set the Class attribute to a default value here. One that results in no access on the ASA.

..or on the ASA set a global default for when no Class attribute is received?

yea but I find realy strange is if the class attribute in the default group is set to something like none or bla , the users still get access, the only time the default group stops them is when it?s attribute is set to a value that is an actual group-policy on the ASA, then users from that policy are allowed access and no one else, ( as expected )

I just find it hard to belivew that it is suposed to work this way.

would have thought that if there is no value or the wrong value in the class 25, the users would not gain access if the ASA is configured with a group lock

Cheers

Arni

hello arnis,

you have to configure a group-policy on the ASA,

name it eg. DENY

within the group-policy DENY, you disable all the protocols you use in other vpn group.

Then map the OU on the ACS to all the groups you want to deny.

kind regards,

stefan