Views
Helpful
Replies

assign static ip address/user in ACS 5.1

bein
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In ACS 4 you have the option on a user to assign a static ip address. How do you easiest solve this in ACS 5?

Thanks in advance

/Benny

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jrabinow
Level 7
Level 7

It is possible to create user defined attributes values for which can be entered as part of the user definition and then utilized in either policy conditions and/or values returned in authorization. This is a generic mechanism to meet the use case you define

This can be achieved as follows
- Define an identity attribute of type IP address
- Define users and enter their assigned IP address
- Define an authorization profile that uses the define the IP address from the user record
- Select the authorization profile as result in authorization policy
I am attaching some slides that illustrate this process

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

jrabinow
Level 7
Level 7

It is possible to create user defined attributes values for which can be entered as part of the user definition and then utilized in either policy conditions and/or values returned in authorization. This is a generic mechanism to meet the use case you define

This can be achieved as follows
- Define an identity attribute of type IP address
- Define users and enter their assigned IP address
- Define an authorization profile that uses the define the IP address from the user record
- Select the authorization profile as result in authorization policy
I am attaching some slides that illustrate this process

Thanks for the help. It would be interesting to see the slides you mention, so if you have time could you pls upload again because they are missing.

Thanks

/Benny

retry the attachment (an an allowed format this time I hope)

Third try. Adding each slide as separate jpg

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: