Views
Helpful
Replies

Authorization failed on 3560 after IOS upgrade

v.c.bodenstab
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I've just upgraded a CAT3560-48TS from IOS 12.2(37)SE1(ipservicesk9) to 12.2(46)SE (ipservicesk9). All seems fine untill I tried logging with my TACACS account: I get a authorization failed. Logging in with a local priv15 account works just fine. After removing the following statements:

aaa authorization exec default group auth-server local

aaa authorization commands 0 default group auth-server none

aaa authorization commands 1 default group auth-server none

aaa authorization commands 15 default group auth-server none

everything works fine again.

Also, I've upgraded other 3560 switches to 12.2(46)SE with an ipbase image. Those switches work fine with exactly the same AAA IOS configuration. Any thoughts on this one?

Cheers,

Vincent

17 Replies 17

Douglas

There are a couple of things that would commonly produce the symptoms that you describe. I would check for these:

- is the key (shared secret) configured on the ASA the same as the key configured on the server?

- is the IP address configured on the server for the client the same as the address that the client uses as the source address when it sends the request to the server?

Are there any entries in the logs on the server indicating whether it saw the request for authentication, and if so why the request failed?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Rick,

Thanks a lot. I had to check according to the 2 items above and BINGO!!! all 's looking good. Ip address misconfig and maybe Preshared keys issue.

I found that simply doing the following resolved the issue for me:

no tacacs-server host x.x.x.x single-connection

tacacs-server host x.x.x.x single-connection

Thanks to posters for the help with this issue. I was running ACS Appliance 4.1(1) Build 23

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: