Views
Helpful
Replies

Autoamtically email reports from ACS5?

James.Longman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Is there a way I can get the ACS (5.3) to email some of it's reports on a schedule?

I'm hoping to send automated summaries of failed logins to the service desk each Monday morning. I just don't see any way of doing it!

M

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This is unfortunately not possible. The e-mails notification is for threshold alarms only.

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

View solution in original post

Well, you can create a threshold alarm for failed attemps and so you can get e-mails about failed attempts:

From  ACS view -> Alarms -> Thresholds. create a new threshold. fromn "Category" choose "Failed Authentications".

When the failed attemtps exceeds the threshold you creates you'll receive a notification e-mail.

But this is still does not seem what you want about a report with all failed attemtps to be sent.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This is unfortunately not possible. The e-mails notification is for threshold alarms only.

Well, you can create a threshold alarm for failed attemps and so you can get e-mails about failed attempts:

From  ACS view -> Alarms -> Thresholds. create a new threshold. fromn "Category" choose "Failed Authentications".

When the failed attemtps exceeds the threshold you creates you'll receive a notification e-mail.

But this is still does not seem what you want about a report with all failed attemtps to be sent.

Amjad,

That's pretty much the conclusion I reached too. It's good to have it confirmed though. Appreciate it!

J