Views
Helpful
Replies

Backup Job Cisco ISE

Robenneke
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon,

Is it possible to delete/stop a running FullBackupOnDemand-Job in Cisco ISE?

7 Replies 7

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From where you want to delete the backup did you configure the local disk as a repository?

I don't think there is any defined way to stop the on-going backup process on ISE (except stopping the services) but that is not recommended.

Did you check the status of the backup, if not then please check "view backup history" on the ISE UI.

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin

I created a Full Back Up On Demand job on the adm-node under Administration -> Maintenance -> Monitoring Node -> Full Back Up On Demand.

Start Time of the job is 2013-07-03 and still running.

I did a reload of the primary adm-node and a message was displayed that a backup job was running with the question would you like to stop it (something like that). But when de adm-node came back up the job was/is still running.

The backup repositary is a remote server (FTP). The status of the backup on the ISE UI is 'Running'

From where I want to delete? Don't know... That's my question ;-)

I got it. I think, the backup process is not running actually and it just stuck in the status update process on application level.  I understand what you're talking about, there is a warning message comes up on the CLI screen when you issue a reload command because reload by-deafult hault the backup/restore process. This can be easily verified by running a command on the CLI

show backup history in the EXEC mode.

On the FTP repository, you may also check if the backup size is increasing in the directory you've selected.

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin

Venkatesh Attuluri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you want to delete the backup from repository then these are the steps

Step 1 Choose Administration > System > Maintenance.
Step 2 From the Operations navigation pane on the left, click Repository.
The repositories listing page appears.
Step 3 Click the radio button next to the repository that you want to delete, then click Delete.
Cisco ISE prompts you with the following message:
Are you sure you want to delete this repository?
Step 4 Click OK to delete the repository.
The following message appears:
Repository was deleted successfully.
The Repository List page appears and the repository that you deleted will no longer be listed in this page

New version ISE 1.2  will bring new features, like backup/restore progress bars, cancel backups, schedule backups.

ISE 1.2 is expected to be released in a couple of weeks.

Please rate if this helps

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

Cisco ISE 1.2 have all the features which you are looking and it is going to be release in last week of this month.

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

Cisco ISE 1.2 have all the features which you are looking and it is going to be release in last week of this month.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: