cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Backup user account into different version of ACS

sjafrial.esa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am really new with CiscoSecure ACS. I have ACS 2.4 and has been installed ACS 3.0, How do I transfer the user account in a easiest way manner. The ACS only used as TACACS+ and user in CiscoSecure User DB

3 Replies 3

sghosh
Level 1
Level 1

if you are installing in the same machine during the installation process it will detect a old database of 2.4 and will prompt you to upgrade to ACS 3.0 database, that is the ideal method you should use to upgrade the server.

unfortunately I am not installed in the same machine due to old server specification is not a good machine. What shall I do to transfer the user account

Only option you are left is to upgrade ACS 2.4 on your old server to version 3.0 and once upgraded you can backup the database (i.e., creating .dmp file) and then transfer the .dmp file to the new server and finally restore it. From version 2.4 to 3.0 there are lots of changes in the database schema, hence the only option is to take the upgrade path that is using the existing database upgrdae the software so that software itself reconfigure the database structure. I hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: