cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't uninstall or update NAC Agent? Please help :'(

smtwtfs_yy
Level 1
Level 1

This has been bug for a really long time and I could never figure out.

My school require us to install NAC Agent to connect to the network. Recently they updated the server version so I have to update the NAC Agent on my local machine.

However, when I try to install it pops up this dialog:

" The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'nacagentsetup-win.msi' in the box blow."

So I follow the instructions and in the box blow I enter the folder and file that the installer is asked for:

"C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Temp\CiscoNacAgent\CCAA"

and click OK. Then it pops up:

" The file 'C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Temp\CiscoNacAgent\CCAA\nacagentsetup-win.msi' is not a valid installation package for the product Cisco NAC Agent. Try to find the installation package 'nacagentsetup-win.msi' in a folder from which you can install NAC Agent"

After that it pops out: cannot delete the older version of NAC Agent, please contact your technician.

Anyone knows what happened here? I am really frustrating about it now...

BTW:

I have internet connection,

using window7 32bit machine. 

using Cisco NAC Agent 4.9.2.8

1 Reply 1

I was able to get through this by locating another computer that happen to have the same .msi file that the uninstaller was looking for. I am having this issue once again but now with a different version ( 4.9.3.5 ) This is truly annoying.