Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Can't uninstall or update NAC Agent? Please help :'(

This has been bug for a really long time and I could never figure out.

My school require us to install NAC Agent to connect to the network. Recently they updated the server version so I have to update the NAC Agent on my local machine.

However, when I try to install it pops up this dialog:

" The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'nacagentsetup-win.msi' in the box blow."

So I follow the instructions and in the box blow I enter the folder and file that the installer is asked for:

"C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Temp\CiscoNacAgent\CCAA"

and click OK. Then it pops up:

" The file 'C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Temp\CiscoNacAgent\CCAA\nacagentsetup-win.msi' is not a valid installation package for the product Cisco NAC Agent. Try to find the installation package 'nacagentsetup-win.msi' in a folder from which you can install NAC Agent"

After that it pops out: cannot delete the older version of NAC Agent, please contact your technician.

Anyone knows what happened here? I am really frustrating about it now...

BTW:

I have internet connection,

using window7 32bit machine. 

using Cisco NAC Agent 4.9.2.8

• AAA Identity and NAC
1 REPLY

I was able to get through

I was able to get through this by locating another computer that happen to have the same .msi file that the uninstaller was looking for. I am having this issue once again but now with a different version ( 4.9.3.5 ) This is truly annoying.

Views
Helpful
Replies