Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Can you upgrade a PSN only

I am currently on 1.2 patch 7 and would like to get the latest patches, but atch 8 changes the way custom web pages are handled, so I will need to rewrite my pages. I need to test though. Can I upgrade just one PSN to test with while leaving the other on patch 7 for production? Thanks.

• AAA Identity and NAC
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Josh,When I upgraded from 1.2

Josh,

When I upgraded from 1.2.0899 to 1.2.1.198 the upgrade process took each of my nodes out of the current deployment and created a new deployment.  Assuming you are using a distributed deployment...The documentation has you start with the secondary admin node.  After the reboot since you have to have the three personas active in a deployment the secondary admin node will have Admin, Monitoring, and Policy service.  

With all that said, I don't believe that you would be able to updgrade a single PSN.  This would be a good question for TAC support.

If you need to test the web code you could stand up a new standalone with the new patch and test on that.

I hope that helped.

1 REPLY

Josh,When I upgraded from 1.2

Josh,

When I upgraded from 1.2.0899 to 1.2.1.198 the upgrade process took each of my nodes out of the current deployment and created a new deployment.  Assuming you are using a distributed deployment...The documentation has you start with the secondary admin node.  After the reboot since you have to have the three personas active in a deployment the secondary admin node will have Admin, Monitoring, and Policy service.  

With all that said, I don't believe that you would be able to updgrade a single PSN.  This would be a good question for TAC support.

If you need to test the web code you could stand up a new standalone with the new patch and test on that.

I hope that helped.

Views
Helpful
Replies