cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cert

edondurguti
Level 4
Level 4

Is there anyway to get rid of the cert. warning when somebody connects to wireless or I need real certs?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

If you disable this check the cert warning will not pop up....sometimes that pop up is not always a cert warning, its letting the user know that they are submitting their credentials to this radius server.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

View solution in original post

I understand, there isnt a way where we can change this in ISE since this is a client based security feature.

You can consider autoenrollement so that the clients get the root certificate and you can issue a group policy so that the supplicant settings are set to validate the server certificate using the internal root.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can uncheck the validate server identity on the client. Is this for your internal users?

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

Yes it's for internal users not for Guest.

Unchecking that option os a possibility but they kind of dont want to see that cert thing poping up

If you disable this check the cert warning will not pop up....sometimes that pop up is not always a cert warning, its letting the user know that they are submitting their credentials to this radius server.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

I know it wont popup, I am just saying is there anyway of disabling it in ISE because I have like 5k users

I understand, there isnt a way where we can change this in ISE since this is a client based security feature.

You can consider autoenrollement so that the clients get the root certificate and you can issue a group policy so that the supplicant settings are set to validate the server certificate using the internal root.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

thank you.

I have some connect and press terminate cert and now I can't get them back on lol

See if you can have them remove the wireless network profile and have them reconnect to the ssid again.

Thanks

Tarik Admani

thanks, it worked, it happend to a manager god damn it.

Atleast isnt wasnt a CTO....now that would suck!

Tarik Admani

i know right , what about when clients hit ise they get unknown and by default rejected they have to reconnect to in order to get profiled, maybe some reauthentication?