cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

change ACS ip address on vmware platform.

ney25
Level 2
Level 2

Hi netpro,

does anyone who has experience or share with me will this work and any impaction will be caused ?

Question : currently ACS 4.1 installed on vmware platform which ip address used 172.17.10.200. so, if i manage to change the ip address without re-install / formating the ACS . does it work ?

your reply will be highly appreciated.

thanks.

regards,

Jackal

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

vkapoor5
Level 5
Level 5

All network cards in the computer that is running ACS must be enabled. If a network card is disabled, the wrong IP might be selected, and installing ACS may proceed slowly, due to delays caused by Microsoft CryptoAPI.

Note We tested ACS on computers that have only one network interface card.

View solution in original post

Premdeep Banga
Level 7
Level 7

yes it does work. From my experience. If you are planning to change the IP address on the ACS Server on VMWare platform.

After you have changed the IP address. Ensure that correct IP address is also being reflected in the section.

Network Configuration section, under AAA server Section, where you have the AAA server entry representing your VMWare server.

If it is not correct IP address and correct it.

Once done. Do *REBOOT* the VMware server, as I have seen this to work only after reboot.

Service restart never helped me in case of VMWare.

So you wouldn't be required to re-install ACS on VMWare, if you are able to change the IP address of the VMWare server successfully. Given you ensure correct AAA Server entry and reboot the server.

Regards,

Prem

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

vkapoor5
Level 5
Level 5

All network cards in the computer that is running ACS must be enabled. If a network card is disabled, the wrong IP might be selected, and installing ACS may proceed slowly, due to delays caused by Microsoft CryptoAPI.

Note We tested ACS on computers that have only one network interface card.

Premdeep Banga
Level 7
Level 7

yes it does work. From my experience. If you are planning to change the IP address on the ACS Server on VMWare platform.

After you have changed the IP address. Ensure that correct IP address is also being reflected in the section.

Network Configuration section, under AAA server Section, where you have the AAA server entry representing your VMWare server.

If it is not correct IP address and correct it.

Once done. Do *REBOOT* the VMware server, as I have seen this to work only after reboot.

Service restart never helped me in case of VMWare.

So you wouldn't be required to re-install ACS on VMWare, if you are able to change the IP address of the VMWare server successfully. Given you ensure correct AAA Server entry and reboot the server.

Regards,

Prem

Hi Prem,

Thanks a lot, your reply really help me a lot.

regards,

Jackal

Hi ,

if manage to change ip address, just change from the TCP/IP setting ? or use Vmware software to change ip address ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: