cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Cisco Access Registrar (CAR) UserList, dashboard status unavailable

Hello, all,

I need help. I am observing weird problem with Cisco Access Registrar cluster workin on MySQL cluster. I do not see any users or sessions in the GUI dashboard or in the CLI stats.

Environment:

Master/Slave replicated CAR cluster on RHEL 5 32-bit servers

CAR version: 5.0.0.8

RHEL version: Linux version 2.6.18-164.el5PAE (mockbuild@x86-002.build.bos.redhat.com) (gcc version 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-46)) #1 SMP Tue Aug 18 15:59:11 EDT 2009

MySQL version: 7.1.15-1 ndb cluster

ODBC sessions are working properly. Users from BRAS are being provisioned, at the moment I have about 20 users logged onto the network, authenticated and authorized. However, I do not see any users in the Dashboard's userlist, nor do I see any sessions although some surely exist. In the CLI, when I try to count sessions I see:

--> count-sessions /radius all

No active sessions found in /Radius/SessionManagers

In the GUI, there are no sessions nor users shown, there is none listed. I have been checking logs and traces, but to no avail, I do not see any misconfiguration hint or other clue that would indicate problems with configuration.

Please be so kind and look at my issue. I am aware that there was similar bug that has not been fixed yet, as listed here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/access_registrar/5.1/release/notes/51relnot.html#wp321968

CSCte77779

In GUI, user session graph is not getting plotted with more sessions in database.

Symptoms: In GUI, user session graph is not getting plotted with more sessions in database.

Conditions:

This occurs when you:

1. Install Cisco AR server.

2. Send a valid request.

3. Create a million session.

4. Launch GUI.

Workaround: None.

however, my problem seems a little bit 'expanded', since I cannot see either userlists through GUI or CLI (and I KNOW that there is tens of thousands of users in the MySQL database), nor I can see any users or sessions listed neither in GUI nor in CLI.

I have been sniffing MySQL requests towards the sql (odbc) server, but I have not noticed anything relevant for querying for UserList, nor have I noticed any other queries except when authenticating users. Accounting logs are being collected properly, though.

Thanks for all and any that spared time to read this, and if possible, help me solve my problem. If you need more details on my problem/environment, please ask.

Best regards

Luciano

Everyone's tags (3)
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content