Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACS 3.3 and Windows 2008 Active Directory

mlinsemier
Level 1
Level 1

All,

We are currently running ACS 3.3 on a Windows 2003 member server of our domain.  It has become necessary for the server administrators to upgrade our domain controllers from Windows 2003 to Windows 2008.  Since we have no interest of running ACS on a Windows 2008 server, will we have to upgrade ACS as well to maintain our currently functionality (TACACS+ and RADIUS or wireless) or will things continue to work as is?  I have been searching through documentation but I haven't been able to find an answer.

Any input would be greatly apprecaited.

Thanks!

Matt

3 Replies 3

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Matt,

ACS 3.3 will not work with Win2008 DC, so you need to upgrade it to 4.2.1 to make it compatible with 2008.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

Whether the backup of 3.3 will restore to 4.2.1.

Kindly let me know if any procedure for it.

Hi Amol,

You will need to follow upgrade patch to be able to go from 3.3 to 4.2.1:

3.3.x -> 4.2.0 -> 4.2.1.

This can be seen on the Installation Guide for Cisco Secure ACS for Windows 4.2.1:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_windows/4.2.1/Installation_Guide/windows/install.html#wp1102849.

Depending on the ACS version you are upgrading from, there are different paths for upgrading to ACS 4.2.1. Table 1-6 describes the various upgrade use cases that you can use to decide the appropriate upgrade path to follow.

HTH,

Tiago

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: