Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACS 4.2 integration with Active Directory

Junior Mateus
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I´m new in the administration of ACS, we have recently implemented on server ACS version 4.2

for manager all users authorization for our Network.

We are in one environement which have an Active Directory, group and users.

Now, i´m just able to creat a new user in ACS and work with on the Client SWITCH, what i need to do, is to integrate my ACS 4.2 with Active Directory.

for work with the user and Group that a register in my AD.

Someon can help me please?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gouravbathla
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

If you are using windows server for installation of acs 4.2 you just need to make this server a member of domain.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

gouravbathla
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

If you are using windows server for installation of acs 4.2 you just need to make this server a member of domain.

Junior Mateus
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, i already did it,

But  what i want now, is that from my ACS to see the user that are in the AD groups.

And then i´ll work with this User for AAA  or other service,

Do you know how can i perform that?

Message was edited by: Junior Mateus

You can't actually see the user's membership from ACS. All you can do, create group-mapping under external database >> group mapping section. This would give you an option to map external (AD) group with an Internal group.The group memberrship need to be modified under Active Directory.

Once user is succussfully authenticated and learned as a dynamic user in ACS user setup database, it would be mapped with an ACS internal group based on group mapping we did.

Let me know if you have any doubts.

Regards,

Jatin

~Jatin

But how from Active Directory can i configure this membership, this mean, that i can from active directory add a user on this group that i will mapp on the ACS, and the authentication will work ?

I finish to mapp a group on the external database, i can see the group of my AD, but i can´t work with the user that i add into the AD group?

Should i perform another step?

No We can't see users in group.

We only have groups to play with.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: