cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

[Cisco ACS 5.2] Disk partitions used by ACS View?

Patrick Tran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi (and happy new year ),

In Cisco ACS 5.2, there are many disk partitions:

ACS_partitions.PNG

Which partition is used by ACS View?

Does a document which explains all partitions features exist?

Regards,

Patrick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

camejia
Level 3
Level 3

Patrick,

I am not aware of a document that explains all the ACS 5.x Disk Partitions. However, I can assure that the ACS View information is stored on the /opt partition.

If you have an ACS 5.x on a Production network one of the requirements is to install it using 500GB HDD. The /opt folder on a 500GB ACS reserves 347GB for that folder (/opt) as it stores the ACS View information (Reports and logs). It is the biggest partition as ACS View data includes all the ACS reports.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

camejia
Level 3
Level 3

Patrick,

I am not aware of a document that explains all the ACS 5.x Disk Partitions. However, I can assure that the ACS View information is stored on the /opt partition.

If you have an ACS 5.x on a Production network one of the requirements is to install it using 500GB HDD. The /opt folder on a 500GB ACS reserves 347GB for that folder (/opt) as it stores the ACS View information (Reports and logs). It is the biggest partition as ACS View data includes all the ACS reports.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for your answer.

ACS reserves 347GB for /otp folder but only 120-150GB are used ?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.2/user/guide/viewer_sys_ops.html#wp1068157

Where are the 200GB left?

Regards,

Patrick

Patrick,

If incremental backups and data purging are not configured the ACS will start filling the /opt folder. If the /opt folder size exceeds the expected size (120GB - 150GB)  CSCto47203 ACS 5 runs out of disk space. This caveat is fixed in ACS 5.2 Patch 6 and above.

The reason for the ACS /opt folder to have more space than the amount it is expected to use is that we need to allocate a disk space budget to each of the ACS partitions so that the files can grow within their budget and not impact other files or services on the ACS box in case Incremental Backups and Data Purging are not configured.

Hope this clarifies it.

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: