Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACS Server

vinothdhanapal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have at present a Cisco ACS server 3.3. I want to upgrade the server to latest version and also cluster it with another one so that we could have a redundant infrastructure as if one fails the other one takes over ..

CAn you provide a suitable solution for this ?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vivek Santuka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The Latest version is ACS 4.1. You can upgrade from 3.3.3 build 11 directly to 4.1.

Then you can install another ACS 4.1 on different machine and setup replication between these two. This way you will have to make changes only on one ACS and the secondary will automatically get updated.

Once these two are set, you can define both of these server as Radius/Tacacs server on the devices and there would be a redundancy.

Regards,

Vivek

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Vivek Santuka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The Latest version is ACS 4.1. You can upgrade from 3.3.3 build 11 directly to 4.1.

Then you can install another ACS 4.1 on different machine and setup replication between these two. This way you will have to make changes only on one ACS and the secondary will automatically get updated.

Once these two are set, you can define both of these server as Radius/Tacacs server on the devices and there would be a redundancy.

Regards,

Vivek

Hi Vivek

Many thanks for the information I shall try to do it and reply you back if I have any issues...

Thanks

Vino

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: