cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco acs upgrade from 3.2 to 3.3.3

hany_ibrahim
Level 1
Level 1

i have acs for windows 3.2 , i want to upgrade it to 3.3.3 , i need the steps for this upgrade

5 Replies 5

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
i have acs for windows 3.2 , i want to upgrade it to 3.3.3 , i need the steps for this upgrade

Hi,

Check out the below link hope to help !!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_solution_engine/3.3/release/notes/RNsol331.html

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_solution_engine/4.1/installation/guide/solution_engine/upgap.html#wp1112633

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

Hello,

I heritate a customer with ACS 3.3.3 (wow...), I need to patch to 3.3.4 to prepare migration to ACS 5.x...

I have the patch

Acs-3.3.4.12.8-SW.zip

But how to install it ?

I didnt find anything in the user guide, and there are no more release note...

I tried CSUpdate.exe, but nothing appened...

If you have any idea...

Thanks a lot

Regards,

First of all ACS 5.1 or above supports migration from the following ACS 4.x versions:

ACS 4.1.1.24

ACS 4.1.4

ACS 4.2.0.124

ACS 4.2.1

www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.1/user/guide/migrate.html#wp1064266

ACS for Windows supports the following upgrade scenarios:

ACS 3.x to ACS 3.3.x—You can upgrade ACS 3.2.x or 3.3.x (ACS 3.2.1, 3.2.2, 3.2.3, 3.3.1, 3.3.2) to ACS 3.3.3 or 3.3.4 on Windows.

In order to upgrade your ACS windows from 3.3.3 to 3.3.4, all you need

1.] Take a configuration backup from existing ACS. ACS--->System configuration----> ACS Backup

2.] Run the setup of ACS 3.3.4. During the process it will prompt you to upgrade existing configuration. Make sure you check that option else we will loose the database. Now you need to hit next.next to finish the 3.3.4 upgrade.

3.] If you want to further upgrade, please take backup again and proceed.

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin

Hello,

Ok thanks,

I understand my problem: I need the installation CD of ACS 3.3.4 which I dont have, and it is not on cisco download (there are only the patchs). I thought there was a patch from 3.3.3 to 3.3.4.

Do you know how to get it (open TAC Case ?) ?

Thanks a lot,

Gérald

You've two options to get this resolved.

1.] Contact your Cisco accounts team, if any. As they can get that software / media.

2.] Open a TAC case.

Hope this helps.

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin