cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACS Version : 5.3.0.40 first log on password not able to change through telnet

pugalendi.d
Level 1
Level 1

3 Replies 3

Preston Kilburn
Level 1
Level 1

Can you change it via the console or using SSH?  Might be something weird with your telnet session. 

Also this is from the ACS authentication FAQ:

Q. When I turn on enable authentication in the switch or router with commands such as aaa authentication enable default tacacs+ or set authentication login tacacs enable telnet primary, I am locked out of enable mode and receive the Error in authentication error message on the router. What do I need to do?

A. Check the failed attempts log in the ACS. If the log says CS password invalid, it can be that there has not been a special enable password set up for the user. This is required when you configure enable authentication. If you do not see Advanced TACACS+ Settings in the user options, select Interface Configuration > Advanced Configuration Options > Advanced TACACS+ Features and select that option in order to get the TACACS+ settings to appear in the user settings. Then select Max privilege for any AAA Client (this is usually 15) and enter the TACACS+ Enable Password that you want the user to have for enable.

Q. How do I determine what the 'Authen failed' message type means?

A. Note the date and time of the message, go to the CSAuth log file, and search on the date and time. A more detailed explanation of the message is then presented.

Description
Could not change password to new password in Internal database
24205 Could not change password to new password

Hi ,

Please find the error message details