Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE 1.1.4 Error Code 500

steelinquisitor
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I just installed the evaluation of Cisco ISE 1.1.4 on ESXi 5.1.

My EXSi config is this:

4GB RAM, 80GB HDD, 2 cores, Redhat 5 32bit

I was able to install it with no problem, but when I tried to login using the web GUI, I am getting an error message stating:

Internal Error

Error Code 500.

I am able to login using the console and SSH. I already set the correct timezone for both ISE and my computer.  I also tried different browsers, but I am still getting the same error and can't login at all via GUI.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

9 Replies 9

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you provide the output of;

show app status ise

Are you accessing it with hostname or ip-address?

Have you already reloaded the server and issue persist?

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Can you check the output of "show application status ise" this should all the services to be started.

Also can you check you dns settings and make sure there are forward and reverse records for the fqdn that yiu configured for ise?

Also if you have to update the dns records I would recommend resetting the configuration database "application reset-config ise"

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Here is my show application status ise output

KA-ISE/admin# show application status ise

ISE Database listener is running, PID: 3960

ISE Database is running, number of processes: 28

ISE Application Server is still initializing.

ISE M&T Session Database is running, PID: 3620

ISE M&T Log Collector is running, PID: 5785

ISE M&T Log Processor is running, PID: 6001

ISE M&T Alert Process is running, PID: 5674

% WARNING: ISE DISK SIZE NOT LARGE ENOUGH FOR PRODUCTION USE

% RECOMMENDED DISK SIZE: 200 GB, CURRENT DISK SIZE: 85 GB

KA-ISE/admin#

I have rebooted my ISE server, but I am still getting the same error message. Regarding the DNS, I have not set up my AD/DNS yet. But I am guessing I should be able to GUI to ISE server regardless of not having it connected to AD or DNS.

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You must have dns records established before starting the installation or the ise database will not initialize successfully.

Can I use 8.8.8.8 temporarily til I get my AD/DNS configured?

My server is really slow. I have N54 mini server box.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As long as dns resolves the hostname of the ise node. I have had customers use public dns servers to resolve private ise nodes.

Keep in mind when deploying ise that you need your environment stable as possible so if you dont have the resources to evaluate ise, you may not get the expected behavior. Also one common issue is that you cannot add additional disk space if you wanted to move this ise into production. You will have to rebuild the virtual machine with the proper resources.

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Also I rushed through my response the ise node will most likely need to use an internal dns server in order to join to ad. My example was provisioning public dns for guests so they can resolves guest redirect scenarios.

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

The 500 Internal Server Error is a very general HTTP status code that means something has gone wrong on the web site's server. In your case there is a problem with ISE DNS record. You should have DNS record for ISE i.e. you must able to resolve ISE with FQDN and vice versa.

I apologize for my late reply been really busy.
Thanks for all the helpful replies guys.

So installing ISE I got to have an internal DNS server.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: