Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE 1.1 On ESXi 5.0

Hello Everyone,

I have a very unusual issue with my installation of ISE on my VMWare ESXi 5.0 environment. I am not sure if anyone else has seen this error but whenever I issue the command "show application statuse ise" I get the following output;

ISE Database listener is running, PID: 13675

ISE Database is running, number of processes: 27

ISE Application Server is running, PID: 15163

ls: /opt/TimesTen/tt1121/lib/*.jar: No such file or directory

ISE M&T Session Database is not running.

ISE M&T Log Collector is running, PID: 15379

ISE M&T Log Processor is running, PID: 15457

ISE M&T Alert Process is running, PID: 15296

Not sure if this could be an issue with the use of VMWare ESXi 5.0 and not 4.1 or if something else is going on.

Thanks in Advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

shoaibkhan
Level 1
Level 1

Offically ISE only support 4.x Vmware. So I would say its the 5.0.

also try "application reset-config ise" ... if it doesn't fixes it then it is definitely 5.0

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

shoaibkhan
Level 1
Level 1

Offically ISE only support 4.x Vmware. So I would say its the 5.0.

also try "application reset-config ise" ... if it doesn't fixes it then it is definitely 5.0

Looks like that didn't work with resetting the config of the ISE. I will revert back to ESXi 4.1 and give it a shot.

Thank you very much. I will mark this thread as answered.

Thanks

Just wanted to throw a little update out there. After reverting to version ESXi 4.1 I would recieve the same error and also noticed i would get this error as soon as the mode of ISE would be set to Licensed.

It also indicates that it was successfully installed. Could this also be a corrupt ISO file?

Because after running "show application status ise" i still see those multiple errors about the *.jar file/directory not being found.

And again after using the "application reset-config ise" i get the following

Thanks

I have ISE 1.1 running in labs, and limited pilot's on ESX5 with no issue, i don't think it's related to that.

Gian, after you reported that you had the same issue with 4.x I installed 1.1 on ESX5 without any problem and then installed in of vmware fusion without any problem.

How much disk space was allocated in your installation?

I got it working fine after re-downloading the .iso file. The file i downloaded previously might've been corrupt. But it is working for me now. Not sure how to close the thread but again i was successful by just re-downloading the installation file.

Thanks to all who responded.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: