cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE 1.2.1.198 Guest Portal Vlan Override at Mobile Device (android,IOS) not working

Freemen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guy, 

In my ISE deployment, once the guest succcesful authenticated will be assign guest VLAN for internet access.

we are using guest portal to do the vlan override once user authenticated.

Window 7 Internet explorer (Active X), Chrome (Java Aplet) is working fine.

but Android,Apple IOS devices unable to release the DHCP and get new DHCP.

because from ISE and WLC we can see the Vlan have change, how mobile devices initiate dhcp release for Guest Portal

Kindly advice.

Regards

Freemen

5 Replies 5

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This feature is dependent on features that are not available on mobile devices (Active X and Java). So I don't believe you will be able to get this to work on mobile devices. 

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Hi Neno,

Can you share me any documentation link regarding this? it will be very helpful for future reference for all people encounter same issue.

I don't have such documentation nor I could find any on Cisco's site. With that being said, it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. I just know that Active X is windows specific framework and Java is not supported on either iOS nor Android:

http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/java_mobile.xml

The good news is that Cisco appears to be steering away from Java so it is possible that in the future this will be supported. 

Hope this helps!

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Neno Thanks for information

I don't believe that dynamic VLAN for any CWA based access is a working solution. If the user gets an IP address before policy assignment, then I just don't change VLAN.

Can you do what you're looking for by putting users in to a VLAN which they will remain (prior to CWA) and just restrict their access, then open up the access once they have passed authentication?

The need to do a DHCP refresh is then removed.

I find it hard to believe Cisco even sell dynamic VLAN as a solution for CWA (or similar). It's for sales people only.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: