cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE 1.2.1 - "12929 NAS sends RADIUS accounting update messages too frequently" error message

btaballet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Running ISE 1.2.1 Patch 1, we get following error message: "12929 NAS sends RADIUS accounting update messages too frequently" on all NAS Devices (i.e. C-4500s running SPA.03.04.00.SG.151-2.SG.bin).

There was a previous post on this forum (RE: https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11894006/ise-12-wlc-5508-nas-sends-radius-accounting-update-messages-too-frequently) that stated that the "aaa accounting update newinfo" command doesn't solve this problem even though bug CSCuh01760 "Misconfigured NAS criteria needs to be changed" is resolved in ISE 1.2.1 as per the release notes.

Could you please advise us on that to do now? Thank you. 
Regards.  

6 Replies 6

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

Recommend you to Upgrade the Controller

Thanks for your answer regarding the Wi-Fi controller part. We're currently using software version 7.4.100.0 on our 5508s and are considering an upgrade to a newer version.

Fact is we're seeing the same problem on different switches (C-3560CG-8PC-S, C-2960X-48LPS-L and C-4506-E) running different IOS versions (IOS 12.2(55), IOS 15.0(2r) EX and IOS XE Version 3.4.0(SG) respectively). Do you know what can be done in that respect?

Thanks and regards.

Did you ever get a resolution on this? I am running ISE 1.2.1 patch 2 and still see this. A 4506 switch does it sometimes, a 3750 switch does it all the time.

Thank you.

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For the WLC side:

1. You are probably hitting this bug CSCug14713

2. You can also change the "Interim Update" located under the SSID > Security AAA Servers

For the Switch side:

1. You might be hitting this bug:CSCuh01760

2. Make sure that you have the following command in your config "aaa accounting update newinfo"

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Thanks for the reply Neno. Bug CSCuh01760 is not publicly viewable. I will experiment with the accounting update new info command. One would think this would actually send MORE accounting updates to the radius server.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios/12_2/security/command/reference/fsecur_r/srfacct.html#wp1017563

I hear you. Sometimes things are not worded in the best possible way :) However, "newinfo" is definitely the way you want to go. 

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: