Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE feeding policy

Maher Shaban
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I changed something in the profile for windows 8 on Cisco ISE.

then i configured Cisco ISE to dynamically update the feeding policies. but when the update is done. I receive the below message

Feed Version 1 policies downloaded.
Total number of feed polices to apply are 1.
Feed policies total 1 skipped.
Feed policies warning message : Workstation:Microsoft-Workstation:Windows8-Workstation has been changed by admin.
*** This message was generated by Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) ***

how can I reset the change I did to get all feed policies updated?

Regards,

Maher

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have the same problem.

Apparently if you inadvertantly save a "Cisco Provided" profiler policy without making any changes it is changed from "Cisco Provided" to "Administrator Modified". If the profiler feed service then tries to update that policy it fails with the warning that the policy has been modified by the admin.

There does not appear to be any way to restore "Cisco Provided" profiler policies to their default state.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7
These seem to be normal. The messages indicate that ISE endpoint feed services 
have policy updates for these profiles but they have not been applied because 
an ISE admin have modified them.

Go to ISE web console -> Administration -> Profiling, these policies will show 
as either "Administrator Created" or "Administrator Modified".

you are correct.

but I want ise to update that policy too, I don't know what i've changed in the policy.

so how can i reset the policy to its default state.

Regards,

I have the same problem.

Apparently if you inadvertantly save a "Cisco Provided" profiler policy without making any changes it is changed from "Cisco Provided" to "Administrator Modified". If the profiler feed service then tries to update that policy it fails with the warning that the policy has been modified by the admin.

There does not appear to be any way to restore "Cisco Provided" profiler policies to their default state.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

If you delete the Administrator Modified profile it will reset it back to a Cisco Provided profile.

Nick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: