Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco ISE for 802.1x (EAP-TLS)

I work for a banking organization and security is an area that needs to be improved continuously. I am planning on implementing Cisco ISE for 802.1x together with a Microsoft PKI for certificate issuing and signing.

I am currently trying to implement this in our test environment and I have managed to do a few basic bootstrapping tasks. I need someone to push me into the right direction as to how I can achieve what i am seeking.

I will use Cisco 2900 series switches on the access layer and a few HP switches as well which supports 802.1x.

I want to configure the ISE to process authentication requests using 802.1x EAP-TLS (Certificate Based). All the workstations on the domain needs to authenticate itself using the certificates issued to it by the Certificate Issuing Authority.

I have already managed to get the PKI working and have rolled out the certificates on all the workstations on the test environment. I can't seem to configure the Authentication portion on the ISE.

I request if someone can guide me or direct me to materials that can help achieve the above requirements. The guides available on the Cisco website are  overwhelming and I can't seem to figure out how I am supposed to configure the authentication portion.

My email: krishil85@yahoo.co.nz

Cheers,

Krishil Reddy

Everyone's tags (4)
Views
Helpful
Replies